Saturday, November 18, 2006

Woe is me...

I am sad. After putting all the time into doing guage swatches to find out what needle sizes to use for my sweater, and knitting a good couple of inches, I decided that I hated it. Absolutely hated it. So I'm back to the drawing board. My boyfriend (no worries about the curse... I knit him a sweater last spring and then we bought the house together in the summer so I think we'll be fine!) wants a sweater, and loves the cranberry Country Style DK that I was using for my ill-fated project. So now I'm on the hunt for a pattern for him that would be suitable. He's very slim (about 34" chest) and doesn't care for big and baggy sweaters. Something nicely fitted is what he's after. Anyone have any ideas?

4 comments:

Kucki68 said...

Darrow in www.magknits.com might suit.

prairiegirl said...

Wow! Great minds think alike! That's one of the patterns I've been toying with making for him!

Susan said...

I always liked Lucky, the ribbed sweater from Knitty.com.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATTlucky.html

prairiegirl said...

Again with great minds thinking alike! This morning I printed Lucky off and am going to do up a swatch this afternoon. (Going to try to sneak in some knitting when I go to a Grey Cup party...)

Thanks for the suggestions. It's nice to know that if others are coming up with the same ones I'm looking at then I must be on the right track!