Friday, November 10, 2006

phase one blocking

I've got some blocking going on. After blocking, I'm going to try it on. If it seems to be going well, I'll take measurements and get to work making the straps.

I must admit to some procrastination, though. This section has been off the needles for several days, but I'm only blocking today. I guess I'm nervous it's not going to turn out the way I want. Is the waist shaping too severe? Will the hip portion be too wide? What if it's just sucky and unflattering in general?

It's face-down in this picture. I knit it in the round most of the way up. I started some 2 x 2 ribbing on the back after the smallest part of the waist on the theory it'll help it hold on and stay up. Then I bound off the back stitches and worked the remaining front stitches flat. I decreased on each edge for a while then finished off the front with some more ribbing. (That's my notebook with my little inspiration photo on the side there.)

I suppose if I am dissapointed, I can simply chalk it up to learning how to design my own stuff. Ya know, after I stop weeping and uncurl myself from the fetal position.

Happy Knitting, all!

3 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

When items are laying flat out, it's not the same as laying on your body around your curves....I can't wait to see this baby sewn up!