Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It Fits!

I put my sweater on a longer cable needle and tried it on. It fits! I have knit about another inch on it since this picture, and I have three inches of the body to go. Soon I need to split the side seams and knit the front and back flaps back and forth.

You can see on the right side that my side shaping is working well. I added it to the pattern and this is the first time I've altered a pattern like this. I think I can call it a success!

The pattern is Knitting Pure and Simple's V-Necked Tunic, knit top down with Elann's Sierra Aran in Sangria. LOVE this wool. Love, love, love. I want more.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Great job! It's going to be so lovely! I really like the color on you.....congrats on making a good design decision about the shaping - it looks good.