Thursday, November 09, 2006

Future Sag

I am making progress on my top-down raglan. Based on the instructions here, I am using Jo Sharp DK Cotton in Carmen. I made a deep v and put a little decreasing through the body for a bit of shape. I finished it shorter than my measurements, as I want it to sit just on the hip and I was thinking about future sag (the cotton, not me!)

I tried an EZ hem - the yarn over/picot one - without casting off, just sewing down the seam. I'm not sure about this. The extra weight might drag the cotton down a bit too much. I quite like the little picot, though, and it couldn't be easier.

As you can see, I'm onto the first sleeve. I haven't got a shorter circular or the right dpns so I'm stuck for the moment, but that's not a bad thing. I need some thinking time. I like a slight bell sleeve, but not too long. I also like a short sleeve, to wear with just a singlet under. I'm a bit torn. I'm pondering neckline possibilities too. Rib seems a bit dull, somehow. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Bell sleeves sound nice. I like the picot hem. You could put a picot around the neckline, too, for something a little different than most sweaters...

Chris said...

I like it!!! I really like the picot trim, can we get a close up picture of it? and I agree with Laura that a picot trim around the neck would be wonderful!

Jean said...

I'm totally digging a picot hem these days (my red sweater's got one, too). I like the idea of a picot edge on a V-neck, but don't actually know how to do it. Does anyone have good insturctions on how you would accomodate the point in the V?

Linda said...

You could try using the magic loop method for your sleeves...that way you don't need to buy any more needles...I use this method all of the time and it works on ANY amount of stitches. There is an online video here if you are not familiar with how it works.
Your sweater looks great, by the way....and I agree with others about the picot neckline :-)