Saturday, November 11, 2006

Double time

I think my super-fast decreases along the sides of my red Green Gable sweater are going to work out after all. You might recall that I was going to frog those decrease rows, but then tentatively changed my mind after trying it on. I knit straight for a couple inches, then started increases, two on each side (four per round), every six rounds, and knit for a couple inches after that. I then knit up the sleeve ribbing in order to free up my lifeline, put the body stitches on the lifeline, and tried the sweater on again. It fits like a dream! Now I just need to make it a little longer, knit the hem ribbing, and the second sleeve ribbing, and I'm done. I think I'm on the home stretch!

I have a couple more photos in my blog, if you want to take a look.

1 comment:

Jean said...

It looks wonderful! I like it so much, in fact, I've put the Green Gables pattern on my holiday wish-list.