Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Freya sweater


Chris wanted to see the cardigan (sans buttons) that matches the red Green Gables sweater that I just finished. Well, here it is, in all its wrinkled, never yet blocked, button-less glory. Yes, I wear it anyway. And clearly, I need to be more careful about folding it when I put it away. Wrinkles! Ick. Sigh. LOL


The pattern is Elsebeth Lavold's from her Viking Patterns for Knitting book. It's the Freya sweater. I have pewter buttons for it with little Viking ships on them. :-)

I think this'll make a nice sweater set with the Gables sweater... The open work at the top of the shell will show above the collar of the cardigan. Purty.

My husband keeps telling me that I need to set aside a "button" day, so I can sew buttons on my sweaters that have never had them, and re-attach buttons to sweaters (and some of his shirts) that have fallen off. I really should do that one of these days...

6 comments:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Laura I am CRAZY about that Freya. And utterly delighted that I recently ordered Viking Patterns on eBay. Can't wait for it to arrive, so that I can start yet another project...
Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns

Lyn said...

Oh, Laura, it's wonderful! Nicely done, and I hope you'll post a pic with the buttons!

Chris said...

Thank you for posting that picture! I am so happy for you - what a great accomplishment!

prairiegirl said...

I LOVE your sweater!!!!!!!!! I am going to have to get ahold of that pattern for sure! Gorgeous!

Earin Marybird said...

That really is a lovely pattern. I'm still trying to decide which pattern to use for my red sweater and that has made my top five! Just a delight to the eyes.

Gail from Surrey said...

What a lovely sweater, and named the same as my beautiful granddaughter! Perhaps I will should knit one!