Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Intro and the Urban Aran

Hello everyone! I recently joined this KAL (I thought, "Where have you been all my life?" when I found it - the majority of my stash is various shades of red) and have spent the last several days trying to catch up on everyone's progress. Lots of loveliness here, everything looks fabulous!

I am working on Paton's Urban Aran from the Street Smart booklet, using mmmmmMalabrigo in burgandy. I started this sweater awhile ago, but a combination of being slow and easily distracted meant that I hadn't gotten very far. Well, I finished the back last night:

ua_back

The last sweater I knit took nine months to finish. I'm hoping to have this done by the end of the year. Darn it, I want to wear it! The mmmmmMalabrigo is just too luscious to be laying around in my stash.

Happy knitting!
Wendie
http://www.fridaknits.com

2 comments:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I love that design and the clean lines of the two crossing patterns is beautifully done. Keep it up!

Lyn said...

Welcome! Your sweater looks wonderful - nice job on the cables.