Sunday, November 26, 2006

Am I Jinxed By Starmore?

How many days ago was it that I cheerfully and confidently wrote of being on the right path at last? Getting going properly on the Eriskay gansey from Alice Starmore, and really sure of myself this time?

Fool, fool that I was! You really don't want to know the awful details (well if you enjoy other people's pain and distress, you can check the whole sorry story out on my weblog), but suffice it to say that the Red Sweater and I are occupying different parts of the house at the moment. It's better like that. Otherwise there might be violence. Heaven forgive me, but I have even thought of leaving the door sneakily ajar so that Muffy the Destroyer, Muffy the Yarnslayer, could get in and show it who's boss...

Is there ever going to be an end to this? I know what I should do. I should find an entirely different pattern, one that has no link WHATSOEVER to the Hebrides and an island knitwear designer, a COMPLETELY different yarn, and start on something ELSE. But I'm getting bloody-minded now.

And seeing all your happy postings about completing this stage or that, getting to the finishing line, sewing up even - well, I HOPE YOU KNOW HOW UPSET YOU'RE MAKING ME!

Jo
http://celticmemoryyarns.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Lynn said...

(((((Hugs))))). If it's *any* consolation, I frogged my clapotis back 24 rows on Friday or Saturday and have still not re-knitted all the yarn that I rewound onto the ball.

prairiegirl said...

Oh, poor Jo...

Maybe if you leave it for awhile, you know give it the cold shoulder and ignore it. Let it be lonely in the other part of the house for a bit. Maybe then it will realize whose boss and work properly for you! Perservere! I'm sure it will come around sooner or later and behave itself. Good luck!

PS: Don't feel bad. I have exactly 32 rows done on my Red Sweater (Samus) and that's just the beginning band. I'm no where near done any part of my sweater!

Gelsomina (Jill) Lucchesi said...

Jo, the way you write is so cute; I feel like I'm sittin gin your living room listening to you. :-)