Saturday, November 18, 2006

Rescued Red Sweater Project

My Red Letter Day was yesterday, and so I thought it was high time that I posted to this blog and introduced myself.

I notice that there are several knitters in this KAL who are making sweaters from the Vintage Style / Vintage Knits book -- and I'm another one. My choice is the Salina sweater. I had started this sweater in January of this year, but thought I had gauge issues and abandoned the project after knitting the back of the sweater and some of the front. When I found out about this KAL, I joined specifically to rescue this project. (And, like so many others of you, I have yarn enough in stash for several more red sweaters!)

I resolved the gauge issues -- you can read about it here and here on my blog -- and have resumed knitting. On the front piece, I've made progress up to the placket:

FrontSalina.jpg

I think I'm going to be really happy with this red sweater.

Karen
ideaphoria.prettyposies.com - my blog

3 comments:

jacqui said...

Good one Karen. It's so great to pick up something you've been stalled on for ages and actually make it work. Good feeling! I love that felted tweed and the colour is gorgeous!

Lyn said...

I've have that book, and that's the pattern I've had my eye on! What yarn are you using?

Karen said...

I'm using Rowan Felted Tweed, as the pattern calls for. It's a really soft, drapey yarn, and the tweedy flecks are fun. The color I'm using is called Rage.