Monday, November 27, 2006

Calista Yoo's Aran Off-Shoulder Sweater

Hello everyone, this is the first time I have actually posted, but I joined this KAL earlier in the fall. This is the progress I have made so far on my sweater. I am working on this sweater for both the Fall '06 Cable KAL and the Red Sweater KAL. This is my first attempt at knitting a sweater and also knitting in the round. I only started knitting in June of this year. I taught myself using a kit from LionBrand. I learned to crochet at an early age, but no one I knew knit. I finally found some time this summer and taught myself. I have really enjoyed reading everyone elses posts. The sweaters and yarn are so pretty! Happy Knitting!

7 comments:

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

WOW! For a beginner knitter, you are doing a fantastic job. It looks beautiful and good for you on jumping in there and trying this beautiful sweater!

Laura said...

Fabulous! It's coming along great. I *love* that braid up the center. :-)

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I'm pretty impressed! Never attempted cabling and diamonding in the round before - always flat - so you're way ahead of me on this! Well done indeed. What's the pattern?
Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns

Michelle said...

The sweater & cabling look fabulous. Great work!

Montana said...

Wow! You are doing a great job - that will be a lovely sweater!

CaveGurl said...

Thank you for all your wonderful comments. Sorry I forgot to tell you the name of the sweater. It is Calista Yoo's Aran off-shoulder sweater. There is a knit-along on Craftster.org or the pattern can be found on her website .
Thank you again for all you wonderful comments!

CaveGurl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.