Thursday, November 23, 2006

Finally on the needles!

After much angst and decision making I've started my Red Sweater! George decided he liked the cream colour in the pattern I showed him much more than he liked the cranberry I had, so I said to heck with him and am back to knitting a sweater for myself!! I've decided on Samus from Knitty.

I did my guage swatch and it worked out perfectly the first time. Is that weird? It's been slow going getting used to the cable pattern and I had to frog it back twice because I lost track of where I was. (I think I was tired last night!) In the end I got only to row six, but it's beautiful so far! I decided it was time to put it down while the going was good! Wish me luck! I really hope this one turns out!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love that sweater! And it'll be fabulous in your red yarn. :-) The cables at the hems are awesome.