Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I have red sleeves!



I just wanted to say Hi!

I started this sweater last week, and was really pleased to find this KAL to help keep me motivated! The yarn is Katia Himalaya, and the pattern is the basic long sleeved raglan from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop. I bought the yarn with the intention of using it in this blanket, but decided that it felt much too nice not to be worn. It's knitting up beautifully fast, so fingers crossed, it shouldn't take heaps long :-)

Linda

3 comments:

Laura said...

The sleeves look great, Linda!

I can just see me now... Two sleeves done, so I wear them around the house. DH would see me, and his eyebrows would go up.

LOL

Probably a good thing that I always knit the sweater body first. Can you imagine answering the door that way?

LOL

Jean said...

Beautiful red. The sleeves look great.

Lynn said...

And lovely sleeves they are, in my favorite shade of red.

[I like to do the sleeves first, too. That way when I've reached the armholes on the body, there's nothing to stop me from galloping all the way to the neck!]

Am hoping to swatch my red project tonight...