Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

My red sweater is ready for trick-or-treaters.

I've been making progress since the frogging incident and sticking to the (recalculated) plan. The thing is, I have no idea if this is going to turn out to be the garment I'm imagining. I don't think I'll know until it's all done and I can try it on.

It's rolling quite a bit at the picot hem. (See how the candy is holding it down?) It worries me a bit, but it did flatten out when I blocked my swatch, so it'll flatten when I block this. Right? I guess if it doesn't, I can undo the hem and add ribbing instead.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Your sweater is looking marvelous! I should think that the picot hem will behave itself after you block it. The only things I've done picot hems on so far are socks, but they always behave just fine after their first washing, and do tend to curl before that.