Friday, December 01, 2006

Torso Complete!

And due to the top down nature of the pattern, I can try it on to take this picture. The pattern I'm using is Down Pullover #9726 from Knitting Pure and Simple. I added waist shaping and did not use as much ease as the picture, so mine looks better. Less sack-like, more fitted, which I prefer.
The sweater is tunic length but I could stop just where I needed to for my short torso. I really like making sweaters from the top down. I just ordered Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top this morning in order to learn more about the technique.

OK off so work on sleeves!

Susan

1 comment:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I really like the way you've made that, Susan. I haven't tried top-down knitting yet, but I can see that it would be very practical for several reasons. Maybe I'll get the book!

Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns