Saturday, December 02, 2006

Things are underway




I'm finally on the move with my Red Sweater!!!! I'm really excited about Samus! I'm started out really slowly with the cables, but after four repeats so far, I'm getting the hang of it and going along a bit faster. I haven't had much time to devote to it lately between other obligations, (gift knitting, coursework, getting used to a new job, plus all the regular stuff), but I've tried to do at least a couple of rows everyday. I think once I get to the body of it I should motor along alot faster. My goal... here it is (bear in mind I am self proclaimed Queen of Procrastination) is to have the bottom cable band done and the body started by next weekend. I've only got four more repeats to go before the band is done so that's, let's see 4 x 32 = 128 + 1 (end row) = 129 rows more to go. Oh. Now that very number seems daunting. However, rows are short - what was it 26 stitches? That's nothing. Really. I can get it done. No problem!

Well, I'm off to get the coffee started and do my mad Saturday running about. Hopefully I get a few minutes for knitting today somewhere along the line!

Sarah

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Your cable band looks great so far! What yarn is that again? It looks like a nice, deep red. My Samus is blocking, finally, and I'll be seaming then starting the I-cord soon.

Laura said...

That's only 18.4 rows per day for 7 days. Since they're nice short rows, you should be able to do that without a problem! :-)

prairiegirl said...

Laura! I love your math! That makes it sound so much easier than my grand total! Not nearly so daunting at all!

Oh and Lyn, I am using Sirdar's Country Style DK in Cranberry, which I thought would be to light weight, but it swatched up beautifully; I didn't even have to change needle sizes or anything!

Sarah

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I love that Samus too and it's on my to-do list (things get moved up and down that list as a different passion takes hold). Can't wait to see your next pictures (let that be an encouragement1)
Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns