Friday, March 30, 2007

So, this evening, while watching Dancing with the Stars, my favorite guilty pleasure, I finished knitting my second Gingerbread Baby Sweater. This one is for my friend Elise's new baby, which isn't due until April something-or-other. I can't wait to surprise her with it this Friday!

Also, I actually figured out how to post a two-page pattern to blogger! It's a long, involved process which I will not bore you with. Changing a document from .doc to .jpg is mentally painful. Suffice it to say, figuring this out took me the better part of two hours and lots of tech advice from my brother, Josh (thanks, bro!).

Does anyone know how to upload .pdf files to the internet? That would make posting patterns much easier!

So, without further ado, I present to you the Gingerbread Baby Sweater pattern. I'm going to keep working on it, so that I can change the schematics to fit larger sizes, but for now, I'm very happy with the result.

I realize that the picture is small. It's only posted here for affect; if you actually want to print it out, click on the link in my sidebar under "My Patterns".

Check out my blog at : http://alohaknitter.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Holly said...

Great looking sweater, and thank you for making the pattern available.

Techie stuff -
the easiest way to convert a document from .doc to .jpg is to print the sucker, then scan it. Takes about 3 minutes. Of course, if you want color you need a color printer, but still.

As far as posting a pattern, it does not matter if it is .jpg, .pdf or .doc, if you want it available for download, you have to have a place on the Internet for it to reside.

I don't know enough about blogger to know if it comes with a file area. If it does, that is where you put it, and then do a HTML reference tag that brings up the file when people hit the link. (I don't know if the "upload as a photo" would be an acceptable kluge for blogger.

If not, you could place it on any blog that does have a file area.

-Holly