This was my first attempt at sweater design from scratch. I'm happy with how it turned out overall, but as I suspected early on, it turned out too big for me. Rather than start over, I decided to push on with it, because I know that it will fit a special someone in my family perfectly, so I will probably tuck it away until Christmas.
I learned some valuable lessons about trusting my measurements and calculating ease. And I discovered a great new independent fabric and store downtown with thousands of buttons
sold individually (sure beats the options at WalMart!) I will post a few more photos over on my blog. I love these buttons!
Thanks Anne and Laura, for organizing this KAL - it's been fun. I may be back if I get around to starting my second red sweater soon. The yarn has been sitting in stash for far too long!