Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Perfect Autumn Sweater?

I am pleased to have finished my second red sweater. It is the perfect weight for Autumn in Melbourne. We get warm days (not too hot) often with beautiful clear skies and cooler evenings (but not too cold). It really is the best time.

The pattern is the Sand Dollar Pullover from Norah Gaughan's book 'Knitting Nature' (apologies to aunt nancy for the delay in providing the source). The yarn is Victoria by Posh Yarn in pillarbox red.

Now for a nice thick winter sweater...

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I really like the sweater especially the little pattern in the front.

knitspot anne said...

oh jacqui that is drop-dead gorgeous!

Jean said...

Bella! Well done!

Laura said...

Ooh, Jacqui, it's wonderful! I love the sanddollar! :-)

lababla said...

I am also in the "knitting nature KAL" and "red sweater KAL" and this is one of my favorites to be done...I was wondering how it would come up in red...now I know: splendid! Well done.

Holly said...

That is really lovely. And the idea of the focal point of the pattern in front is really cool.
And of course, it has to be done in red.

NannyKnitter said...

Wow how beautiful - the pattern and the workmanship. Well done! Can't wait to see your next one.