Sunday, February 11, 2007

I'm Still Here And Still In The Running!



Gosh, it's so long since I posted that I must nearly have been posted missing, so to speak. Blame Christmas, blame holidays, blame my over-tendency to fall in love with new projects every couple of days. Oh and blame all those other webloggers who keep bringing exciting ideas to my attention.




OK, blame apportionment over. Oh no it isn't! I wanted to post here a couple of nights ago and what did I find but that in my absence you'd all hightailed it over to New Blogger and hadn't left me a front door key! I'd been trying to avoid the changeover but now it's been forced on me. So here I am.




And here's the Celtic Vest (Cul de Sac to give it its proper if uninspiring name). Or rather just the back of the vest. Almost finished, all the Lavold motifs done, just getting to the neck and shoulder shaping.





Now that I look at the picture, I realise you can't actually see the motifs very well, due to the glare of the flash. I'll have to get DH to take pictures with a bounced flash for the next posting, which should show them up better. In the meantime, here's a reminder of the pattern:


Oh. That's the front, isn't it? Well I can't find the image for the back, so you can just feast your eyes on these motifs. Aren't they fun? I think Lavold has a great brain.
Now I have determined to get this vest done before I start ANYTHING else new. I might waver sideways to attack one of the many and various other WIPs, but I will try to give the Celtic Vest priority. I mean I'm even going to wear it, for heaven's sake. What more encouragement do I need?
I want to say how pleased I am to find so many others still working happily away on red sweaters. It just shows how much we all love the idea. Well done Anne and Laura for thinking it up and getting us all involved.
Back to the Celtic Vest...

3 comments:

Jean said...

Welcome back, Jo. And congrats on making the successful transition to new blogger. The vest is going to be gorgeous!

Laura said...

Woohoo! Jo, your vest is coming along famously. So glad you decided to scrap the whole S* thing and switch to the Lavold vest. It's a marvelous design. Isn't her stuff fabulous? Keep up the good work! :-)

NannyKnitter said...

Oh, that is so beautiful! Just enough pattern on the plain background. I can't wait to see it finished.