Friday, February 02, 2007

Beginning...

Hello everyone :-)
I've finally got around to carding some of the wool for my red ski sweater. So far I have done 400g of Oatmeal Bluefaced Leicester 75% with Tussah silk 25%, there is some more to follow, but this is enough to get me started.
Here it is.



Over the next few weeks I will spin this into yarn and dye it deep garnet (burgundy), after that I will card the wool for the scarlet yarn. It is going slowly as I have tendonitis at the moment, but I hope you will find it interesting. :-)

Judy
http://thespindlingscot.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Jean said...

Lovely. I look forward to seeing your progress. Best wishes for your tendonitis to feel better soon.

Laura said...

I was going to say, That doesn't look very red! Gorgeous, but not at all red. LOL I'm sure it'll be stunning after you spin and dye it. Looking forward to watching your progress.

New Jersey Laura said...

Gorgeous! The silk gives it a lovely sheen. Are you going to spin together the two colors? Good luck with your tendonitis. It really puts a damper on life - keep those hands warm :)