Monday, March 24, 2008

The Endless Search

Did you ever notice that it's really hard to find the perfect red sweater? I love red, so I always keep my eye open when I'm out shopping. Sadly, none of the red sweaters I find are ever quite right. Perhaps I'm fussy? Regardless, this is one of the things I love about being a knitter. I don't have to search endlessly for the perfect red sweater, I can just make myself one! Of course, sometimes this turns into a search for the perfect red yarn, but that's another story.

My "happy" red ski jacket is zooming along, and the end is almost in sight. Here is a picture of the completed colourwork yoke.



If you're interested in seeing pictures of the inside, skip on over to my blog. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a collar to knit!

4 comments:

Holly said...

That looks really great. Are you putting in a zipper or a button band?

Susan said...

That is really coming along nicely. What a beautiful job. I'm sure the colar will be a breeze.

Laura said...

It's marvelous! Sounds like you're getting close to being done, and getting to wear it. Just in time for the warm weather to hit. LOL That's my trick. :-)

knitography said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm doing a button band rather than a zipper. I found the perfect buttons for it, so I think it's going to look great.